Here’s a great community event coming your way! Canada Day celebrations continue on Saturday, July 15th- with lots of indoor and outdoor fun!
Celebrate Canada’s 150th with LVSS
The Lynn Valley Services Society (LVSS) and Lynn Valley Seniors Association (LVSA) will be hosting a Heritage Community Fair at Mollie Nye House, 940 Lynn Valley Rd., on Saturday July 15 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. This is a free event, held in honour of Canada’s 150th birthday, will feature many local community exhibitors and exciting activities, including:
- Heritage Activities: Games for all ages, rag doll craft demonstration and a time capsule
- A Museum Tour on the main floor of Mollie Nye House, featuring exhibits from North Vancouver Museum and Archives that showcase the lives of early Lynn Valley pioneers.
- Shaketown display: Come by to see our early logging days exhibit.
- Live Entertainment including a Barbershop Quartet, Puppet Show, North Shore Celtic Ensemble, the Strolling Barbs and more.
- Food and Refreshments: Come enjoy hot dogs, popcorn, lemonade, tea, cookies, and a cake-cutting ceremony at noon.
The fun will take place rain or shine! Free parking will be available at the Church of Latter Day Saints, at 941 Lynn Valley Road off Mollie Nye Way. Check out the flyer (below) for more details!