Lynn Valley is home to many clubs and service groups that we encourage you to explore!
Lynn Valley Clubs
Lynn Valley Community Association The LVCA has been fostering community pride and resident involvement since 1911. From concert series to civic issues, the LVCA is there for you! Info: www.lvca.ca
Lynn Valley Lions This long-standing club provides us with many services throughout the year, the crown jewel of which is Lynn Valley Day on the last Saturday of May. Info: www.lynnvalleylions.com
Lynn Valley Services Society The Lynn Valley Services Society (LVSS) is a not-for-profit charitable organization whose mandate is to support, promote and develop educational, social, health, community and recreational services and programs for all residents of Lynn Valley. Lynn Valley Services Society (LVSS) has a longstanding relationship and commitment to the residents of Lynn Valley and is a not-for-profit charitable organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. Since 2003, its primary function has been to operate, on behalf of the District of North Vancouver, the Mollie Nye House, a heritage building that serves as a small community centre in Lynn Valley. LVSS provides the community with a wide range of diverse, multi-generational, cost-effective programming at Mollie Nye House. LVSS at Mollie Nye House also offers charming rooms available to rent for meetings, parties, workshops, or special events. Special rates are available for not-for-profit and charitable entities. It states “We are committed to providing an environment which is, welcoming, inclusive and fosters a sense of well-being.” Info: www.lvss.ca.
The Lynn Valley Seniors Association, headquartered in the Mollie Nye heritage house, offers a huge range of social, educational and health-promoting talks, tours, clubs and classes for people 55 and older. Info: www.lvsa.ca
Lynn Valley Legion The Royal Legion, Branch 114, welcomes adult visitors to its legion hall at 1630 Lynn Valley Rd. Live music and food are just some of the offerings on the menu, and you’ll often see the group represented at local public events. Info: 604-987-2050
Lynn Valley Garden Club The garden club, first established in 1943, offers monthly meetings, guest speakers, plant sales and garden tours. Info: www.lynnvalleygardenclub.org
Parenting and Young People’s Groups
- Lynn Valley mom Michelle Clark is the founder of an active meet-up group for local moms. It’s a great way to get out and meet other parents!
- The Open Door Society provides single mothers and their children with a caring network, workshops, child care and a meal. It meets on Mondays from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Hillside Church on Lynn Valley Road.
- Young nature lovers are invited to join the Young Naturalists’ Club of B.C. – a local branch meets in the Lynn Canyon Ecology Centre each month. Call the ecology centre at 604-990-3755 for more information.
- Soccer lovers will want to check out the Lynn Valley Soccer Association (North Vancouver Football Club). Go, team!
- Lynn Valley Little League teams have been hitting them out of the park for more than 50 years. Visit their site to learn more about teams and registration.
- Church of Jesus Christ (Latter Day Saints), 941 Lynn Valley Rd., 604-980-2137.
- Hillside Church, 870 Lynn Valley Rd., 604-985-1122.
- Lynn Valley Full Gospel, 1160 East 29th St, 604-980-0307
- Lynn Valley United, 3201 Mountain Hwy., 604-987-2114 (shares building with Korean Methodist congregation).
- Mount Olivet Lutheran Church, 1700 Mountain Hwy., 604-987-5710.
- New Life Christian Centre, 2800 Mountain Hwy, 604-986-2288.
- St. Clement’s Anglican Church, 3400 Institute Rd., 604-988-4418.
- St. Stephen’s Catholic Church, 1360 East 24th St., 604-985-1962.
- Westlynn Baptist Church, 1341 E. 27th St., 604-986-4516.